We deliver training that is not only playful
and engaging, but gives educators confidence to leave the training
saying, «I can do this. I can apply this in my teaching.»
The training will enable teachers to:
- Implement and utilize LEGO® Education solutions in day-to-day teaching
- Align the use of the material to curriculum standards
- Create lesson plans according our 4C approach to learning
- Understand how LEGO Education resources facilitate students’ learning
A full-day course consists of the following key elements:
- Hands-on within the first 10 minutes
- Two-thirds of the course includes hands-on activities
- One-third of the course includes presentation and discussion
- Curriculum-relevant coursework
- Lesson planning
- 7 hours of training, including breaks
- Understand how to teach STEM using LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3
- Feel confident using the hardware, software and curriculum resources
- Get hands-on experience by working on engaging activities from a student perspective
- Become familiar with the curriculum relevance of the materials
- Take in the LEGO Education approach to learning
- Gain ideas for how to facilitate encouraging hands-on lessons, supporting your students to build and improve 21st century skills
- Develop effective techniques to implement LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 in the classroom, including lesson planning and classroom management
Led by a certified LEGO Education Academy
Trainer, this course will prepare you to teach STEM using LEGO
MINDSTORMS Education EV3. Experience how you can facilitate inspiring
hands-on lessons that support your students to both achieve curriculum
goals and boost 21st century skills like creativity, critical thinking
and problem-solving in a collaborative environment.
Make yourself familiar with the basics of the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 hardware, software and curriculum resources. Build your first robot, begin programming, and solve problems using STEM skills – following the same suggested getting started approach and resources you can use to introduce your students to STEM using EV3.
The course will be facilitated through fun and engaging training experiences that will give you a fundamental introduction to the LEGO Education approach to learning and what we mean by Learning through Play. Each activity will be followed by reflection and discussion on methodology, curriculum areas, application and differentiation in your classroom.
To support you in succeeding, we will provide time and guidance to plan your first lessons using this teaching material and approach to learning. By the end of the course, you will be fully prepared to successfully implement LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 in your class.